Heirloom Tomatoes with Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Basil and Sea Salt
- About 3 lb (1.5 kg) ripe heirloom tomatoes, all different varieties
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fine olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fine aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) best-quality mild sea salt (eg Maldon)
- 20 basil leaves, torn
- Core the tomatoes and cut them into different shapes and sizes, slicing some, quartering others, and so on. Arrange them on a plate in a manner that best displays their broad array of colours. Drizzle with oil and balsamic, sprinkle with salt, and then scatter the basil over top.